A complete description can be found in the Annual LDRD Program Plan
A brief description can be found in the LDRD Information Session slides
Fermilab has instituted a Laboratory Directed Research and Development program as outlined by DOE Order O413.2C in order to support employee initiated proposals that are novel, cutting edge, and explore forefront areas of science and technology. The program will enhance the Laboratory's ability to carry out the mission of DOE and the Laboratory in areas that are outside current programmatic activities but are well-aligned with the strategic goals of the Laboratory.
The FY2018 Call for Proposals
Status: Twenty Full Proposals in response to the FY18 Call for Proposals have been reviewed by the Selection Committee. A meeting with the Directorate to discuss the Committee's recommendations should happen Feb. 12. Even after a decision is made, there are a few other steps that need to be completed. It was hoped notifications could go out mid-Febrary, but late February is more likely. This status will be updated if this changes.
- Quick links for perspective Principle Investigators
- Prliminary Proposal (template (.docx,pdf)
- Full Proposal (template (.docx,pdf)
- Budget Table template to be completed w/ Division Field Financial Manager(.xlsx)(now updated)
- Evaluation criteria for full proposals (criteria)
- Reporting requirements for end of project (instructions)
- What LDRD can be used to support
- Advanced study of hypothesis, concepts, and innovative approaches to scientific, technical, or computational problems
- Experiments, theoretical studies, simulations, and analyses directed toward "proof of principle" or early determination of the utility of new scientific ideas, technical concepts, and devices or research tools
- Concept creation and preliminary technical analyses of advanced, novel experimental facilities and devices or of facilities for computational science.
- What LDRD is unable to support
- R&D that is already part of programmatic activity / existing project
- R&D that requires non-LDRD funds to complete