A complete description can be found in the most recent Annual LDRD Program Plan
A brief description can be found in the LDRD Information Session slides
Fermilab has instituted a Laboratory Directed Research and Development program as outlined by DOE Order O413.2C in order to support employee initiated proposals that are novel, cutting edge, and explore forefront areas of science and technology. The program will enhance the Laboratory's ability to carry out the mission of DOE and the Laboratory in areas that are outside current programmatic activities but are well-aligned with the strategic goals of the Laboratory.
The FY2019 Call for Proposals
Status: The FY19 Call for Proposals has 17 Full Proposals that have been reviewed by the Selection Committee and a ranked recommendation has been made to the Director. There are several other steps involved and it is hoped potential PI's will be notified as to their status by mid-January 2019.
- Quick links for perspective Principle Investigators
- Prliminary Proposal (template (.docx,pdf)
- Full Proposal (template (.docx,pdf)
- Budget Table template to be completed w/ Division Field Financial Manager(.xlsm)(FY19 template)
- Evaluation criteria for full proposals (criteria)
- Reporting requirements for end of project (instructions)
- What LDRD can be used to support
- Advanced study of hypothesis, concepts, and innovative approaches to scientific, technical, or computational problems
- Experiments, theoretical studies, simulations, and analyses directed toward "proof of principle" or early determination of the utility of new scientific ideas, technical concepts, and devices or research tools
- Concept creation and preliminary technical analyses of advanced, novel experimental facilities and devices or of facilities for computational science.
- What LDRD is unable to support
- R&D that is already part of programmatic activity / existing project
- R&D that requires non-LDRD funds to complete